By Xiaobing Li
This entire quantity strains the chinese language army and its reviews over the last 2,500 years, describing clashes with different kingdoms and international locations in addition to inner rebellions and revolutions.
• nearly three hundred A–Z entries protecting China's army culture over the last 2,500 years
• Contributions from over 50 exclusive overseas students from China, Taiwan, Hong Kong, Japan, nice Britain, Canada, and the us
• Maps of China and Asia, depicting provinces and significant towns, significant battles and campaigns, and disputed borders
• photos of army leaders, infantrymen, weapon platforms, and conflict grounds
• chosen multicultural bibliography of analysis fabrics from the sector of army historical past, either in English and in Chinese
• A important appendix of chinese language dynasties
Read or Download China at War: An Encyclopedia: An Encyclopedia PDF
Similar asian history books
This quantity is the 1st critical try to reconstruct Ding Ling's biography over the last few a long time of her lifestyles. so much Westerners recognize her as a innovative lady author who turned recognized in the course of the may well four circulation, championed its values in Yan'an and used to be criticized within the rectification campaigns that undefined.
The space among these residing within the urban and people within the geographical region continues to be one among China's such a lot intractable difficulties. As this strong paintings of grassroots historical past argues, the origins of China's rural-urban divide should be traced again to the Mao Zedong period. whereas Mao pledged to take away the space among town employee and the peasant, his progressive guidelines misfired and ended up upsetting nonetheless better discrepancies among city and nation, frequently to the drawback of villagers.
In Asia the Nineteen Fifties have been ruled through political decolonization and the emergence of the chilly warfare method, and newly self sufficient nations have been capable of make the most of the reworked stability of energy for his or her personal fiscal improvement via fiscal and strategic relief programmes. This ebook examines the interconnections among the move of energy and kingdom governance in Asia, the emergence of the chilly warfare, and the move of hegemony from the united kingdom to the united states, by means of focusing in particular at the old roles of foreign financial reduction and the self sufficient reaction from Asian kingdom states within the quick post-war context.
Japan and South Korea are Western-style democracies with open-market economies devoted to the guideline of legislation. also they are US allies. notwithstanding, regardless of their shared pursuits, shared values, and geographic proximity, divergent nationwide identities have pushed a wedge among them. Drawing on a long time of workmanship, Brad Glosserman and Scott Snyder examine the roots of this cut up and its ongoing chance to the sector and the realm.
- Rural China: Economic and Social Change in the Late Twentieth Century: Economic and Social Change in the Late Twentieth Century
- New Qing Imperial History: The Making of Inner Asian Empire at Qing Chengde
- A Century of Protests: Peasant Politics in Assam Since 1900
- The Spectral Wound: Sexual Violence, Public Memories, and the Bangladesh War of 1971
- Critical Security and Chinese Politics: The Anti-Falungong Campaign (PRIO New Security Studies)
- Routledge Revivals: The Indian Earthquake (1935)
Extra resources for China at War: An Encyclopedia: An Encyclopedia
China at War: An Encyclopedia: An Encyclopedia by Xiaobing Li