By Barbara C. Jentleson
This is the dramatic tale at the back of the transformation of Duke college from an remoted, specific establishment to the dynamic, civically engaged campus that exists today.Better Togetherexamines the 1st decade of the Duke-Durham local Partnership (DDNP) and its involvement with venture desire, six caliber community-based afterschool courses. the writer makes use of case reviews and large interviews with college and neighborhood leaders to explain the improvement of this winning partnership. The textual content solutions many commonly asked questions on the way to create partnerships and contains a diversity of programming actions that educators and group organizers can use to enhance their paintings with all teenagers, in particular low source of revenue minority youth.
- An research of the dangers and merits of college and group partnerships aimed toward fixing the intense social factor of remaining the fulfillment gap.
- A version that may be replicated to create confident possible choices for low source of revenue minority youth.
- Case experiences supported by way of documentation practices that have been the results of the evaluate specifications of a number of investment sources.
- The views of undertaking employees, group companions, and scholar participants.
Barbara C. Jentlesonis an Assistant Professor of the perform within the application in schooling at Duke college. From 2002-2010, she was once the Director of undertaking wish (Holistic possibilities Plan for Enrichment).
“Barbara Jentleson not just led the improvement of a version software, yet during this e-book, exhibits how enriching children’s adventure in after institution courses should be replicated in groups around the nation.Better Togetheris a needs to learn for educators and policymakers who care approximately bettering pupil performance.”
—John Burness, period in-between president, Franklin & Marshall College
Read or Download Better Together: A Model University-Community Partnership for Urban Youth PDF
Similar college & university education books
Boys in Poverty examines the connection among poverty and dropout between men by means of studying quite a lot of threat elements, together with the absence of function types; the trauma of violence and abuse; peer pressures; problems with belonging and never belonging; culturally pushed expectancies that boys should still paintings instead of end college, and cognitive and developmental concerns that have an effect on boys’ studying.
? a school member publishes a piece of writing with out providing coauthorship to a graduate assistant who has made a considerable conceptual or methodological contribution to the object. ? A professor doesn't enable graduate scholars to specific viewpoints assorted from her personal. ? A graduate scholar with regards to completing his dissertation can't succeed in his touring consultant, a condition that jeopardizes his measure.
This quantity assembles the papers, displays, and speeches from the fiftieth Anniversary assembly of the overseas organization of college Presidents (IAUP) held in Oxfordshire in 2015. This ebook is a significant other quantity to the lawsuits of the 1965 inaugural assembly of IAUP, additionally released via Fairleigh Dickinson college Press.
Bachelorarbeit aus dem Jahr 2016 im Fachbereich Pädagogik - Hochschulwesen, word: 1,7, Katholische Hochschule Nordrhein-Westfalen, Sprache: Deutsch, summary: Das Ziel dieser Arbeit ist es E-Learning besser kennen zu lernen und herauszufinden, wie es entstanden ist. Zusätzlich hierzu wird der geschichtliche Hintergrund und die Entstehung des E-Learning betrachtet, um zu erkennen, worauf es basiert und was once hinter dem Begriff des E-Learning überhaupt steht.
- Essential Documents in the History of American Higher Education
- Researching the Socio-Political Dimensions of Mathematics Education: Issues of Power in Theory and Methodology (Mathematics Education Library)
- Oxford and the Decline of the Collegiate Tradition (Woburn Education Series)
- Teaching at Its Best: A Research-Based Resource for College Instructors
- The School I'd Like: Children and Young People's Reflections on an Education for the 21st Century
- Teaching Skills Assessments: Qualitätsmanagement und Personalentwicklung in der Hochschullehre (Lernweltforschung) (German Edition)
Additional info for Better Together: A Model University-Community Partnership for Urban Youth
Better Together: A Model University-Community Partnership for Urban Youth by Barbara C. Jentleson